August 09, 2012

WonderCurl Butter Than Love Pudding, Product Review


You know that old girlfriend you see every now and then in passing?  You say hello, exchange numbers and promise to catch up soon but never do?  For no other reason than being caught up in life.  No bad feelings, just not enough time in the day to keep up with everything you’d like to.  That was the situation with Wondercurl’s Butter Than Love Pudding.   A little over a year ago I tried it once or twice and shelved it.  Although I have an awesome wondercurl history it has primarily been with the Butter Than Love Whipped and the Get Set Hair Jelly.  I decided to call on an old acquaintance and do some catching up and I’m so glad I did! Although it had been awhile, it was like we never fell out of touch.  My hair immediately responded to this creamy dream in a jar!  I applied it to each of my flat twist (about 12 total) and talk about beautiful curls personified!  I love the results!  My curls are soft and super shiny!  What took me so long?! I’ll try my best not to wait so long to catch up with an old friend again!J

I’m sure I am not the only one who can attest to how difficult it is to find a product that works.  It’s one of the reasons why so many naturals end up battling product junki-ism.  Establishing trust in a relationship between your mane and a product is challenging so it’s such a great feeling to find something that actually yields awesome results! Let’s get to it!

Packaging
Curb appeal is important as well.  If the container is pleasing to the eye, it will grab my attention.  I am a consumer who judges a product by its cover.  Dressed in pink, black and white décor, the jar screams femininity.  It’s the kind of jar that makes you want to pick it up and explore.  

Ingredients
Although I prefer all natural or organic ingredients, I do not have a zero tolerance policy on it.  I look for ingredients that agree with my hair.  If my hair responds well to a “not so natural” product, there is a possibility that I may still use it depending on what else it is comprised of.  The ingredients in this product are great!

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Acrylates/C-10 Alkyl Acrylates, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance
NO PETROLEUM, MINERAL OIL, BEESWAX, LANOLIN, PARABENS, GLYCERIN, SULFATES OR SILICONES FRAGRANCE IS PTHALATE FREE

Texture
Its creamy texture is smooth as the title suggests, which makes for easy application and distribution.

Cost
This was gifted to me by the lovely Scarlett, owner and founder of WonderCurl; however, the price for 4oz is $12.00 and $20.00 for 8oz. which I deem reasonable!  Quality product for minimum cost is always a plus.

Does the product live up to its own hype?
“Butter than Love Hair Pudding is an ultra-moisturizing hair cream that has a light and fluffy formula which will give your hair shine and unbelievable softness.”

This product’s integrity is definitely intact and delivers on its promises.

barely unravelled

Rating: 4 out of 5 curls

*Product Review Disclaimer

  Have you tried the Butter Than Love Pudding?

P.S.  I didn’t fluff them that much because I have plans later.  I will share fluffed pics later this week!  Stay tuned.














  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely want to try this product; thanks for giving the price and ingredients that HELPS so much.

Curly Chic said...

Please let me know if you decide to try it!Would love to see your results and share with Scarlett!