April 01, 2011

Spring Regimen


Shampoo
Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo (staple)
During the Spring months, I shampoo every other week and sometimes more often depending on what has taken place throughout the day. 

Conditioner
TREsemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner (staple) – I switch between this conditioner and the Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner. 

Deep Conditioner
Jessi Curl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment (staple)
I deep condition every time I shampoo because I do use bleach and color in my hair. 

Style of Choice
 I usually rock a bun due to the excessive rain and humidity during the Spring time.  On a lucky day when the skies are clear, I revert back to my dry braid outs.  This is usually prep time for the upcoming Summer so I tend to have more errands to run, which means, I take more time in the evenings for hair care and less time in the morning. 

Oils
Coconut and Olive are what I typically use during the Spring months. 

What I tried new this Spring
Section shampooing is something I had not considered before but I am so glad I introduced this method to my regimen.  The longer my hair gets, the more time I have to spend on caring for it so this is very beneficial for me:
·         Time Saver
·         Detangling is 100% easier
·         It is more thorough

I section my hair into 4 sections with large hair clips.  I then shampoo each section one at a time.  After rinsing I apply my conditioner one section at a time.  Check out this wash and go sectioning video by my blogsister.  It is a little lengthy but very detailed and helpful.





No comments: