June 14, 2011

Summer Regimen


Shampoo
Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo (staple)
During the warmer months, I shampoo every other day and sometimes every day depending on what has taken place throughout the day. 

Conditioner
TREsemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner (staple) – I switch between this conditioner and the Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner.  I also will use the Trader Joe’s Tea Tree conditioner because I like the tingle feeling on my scalp during the summer.

Deep Conditioner
Jessi Curl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment (staple)
I deep condition every time I shampoo because I do use bleach and color in my hair.

Style of Choice
Wash and Go’s are my staple hairstyle during the summer.  Summer represents carefree, lazy days and I want my hair to be the same way.  I travel quite often during the summer and do not want the added fuss of braid and twist outs.  Every now and then, if I am feeling creative, I may do something different but not often.  Usually by the end of the day, my wash and go’s turn into buns because the hair on my face and neck gets annoying. 

*Wash and go’s leave your tresses vulnerable to the elements so I am sure to take extra care of my ends when my hair is wild and out.

After shampooing, I rinse with an apple cider vinegar/cool water rinse (equal parts) to help reduce frizz.
Refresher- rose water.  This makes your hair feel and smell so clean and refreshed.  It is perfect for those hot summer days. 

Oils
Olive is what I typically use during the warmer months. 

Aloe Vera Gel
I use this during the summer more than eco styler because I am not seeking a tremendous amount of hold.  It traps moisture without leaving your hair crunchy.


Something new I want to try this summer is a DIY aloe vera conditioner.
Here is a mixture I found:
·         ¼ cup of aloe vera gel
·         ¼ cup of lemon juice
·         3-5 drops of an essential oil (I will probably use jojoba oil)
·         Leave in 5 minutes after shampooing and rinse


No comments: