August 03, 2012

My Recent Trim - Turned Haircut





I don’t know if you noticed or not but my usual daily postings have turned into “when I get to them” postings.  I have tons of stuff in the arsenal waiting to be posted but at the moment, I’m experiencing a lot of girl interrupted moments.  Blah blah blah complain complain complain – I’ll get back to things shortly.  Let’s skip all of that and get down to it shall we?

I’ve made mention of my hair and how it just doesn’t “hang right” for lack of better terms.  It was to the point where I was doing a lot of finagling to make it work.  I.e. Shrunken twists in the back, stretched twists on the top layer, more shrunken twists on the sides.  I was trying to create more of a layered look without actually cutting it.  I finally decided to just go ahead and get a trim.  Well it started out that way but turned into a shape up via the curly girl Deva cut method.  If you aren’t familiar with the curly girl cut method, it’s not the typical, pull all the hair and using a guide, begin snipping #thatsmycosmolicensespeak.   Its Loraine Massey’s technique of cutting each curl in a specific pattern, while dry, at an angle, allowing the hair to fall naturally.  I ended up with 1inch ½ to 2 inches cut all the way around my head.  Doesn’t sound like a lot but check out the pics – I can definitely see a clear difference, even though must have not seemed to even notice.

I went in with an old twist out,( if you remember my twist outs are like wash and gos), but it was pretty stretched and damn near no twist left, mostly curl so you could clearly see my natural curl pattern.  I was in and out in about 30 minutes as I opted to forgo the shampoo routine and handle that myself.  When I left the salon, I was pleased.  It hangs exactly how I was trying to make it hang pre-cut.

Have you ever had your hair cut using this method?

No comments: