Yup.. That's me.. I'm a henna head and I'd like to share my henna routine with you all. My mix is simple but effective.
You'll need the following:
Henna (I use Nupur brand)
Plastic Mixing Bowl
Plastic or Wooden Spoon
- Mix henna and water in your plastic bowl. You'll want to get it to a mud like consistency.
- Cover the mixture and let it sit overnight.
- When you 're ready to start the process put your gloves on and start putting it in your hair. You want to saturate your hair with it.
- When you've finished applying the henna wrap your hair in saran wrap. Then clean your house, run an errand, or watch a movie. You'll want to keep the henna on for about 3-5 hrs.
- Now to the fun part! Washing it out. Start by rinsing your hair (water temp doesn't matter). Once I see that I've rinsed out a good amount I start shampooing. Get comfy because you'll be shampooing for at least 15 mins.
- Once you've rinsed all the henna out you'll want to do a quick deep condition.
- Rinse out your conditioner and style as usual.