June 10, 2013

Why I’m Sweet on Karen’s Body Beautiful’s Sweet Ambrosia, Product Review


I am and have been a fan of Karen’s Body Beautiful, the entire line - no surprises there.  If you follow me on any social media outlet, you already know this.  In fact, most of her line is a regular part of my hair rituals.  All leave -ins are not created equal and believe me when I tell you, there is no mediocre when it comes to this leave in.  I put that on everything.  You know that feeling you get when you finally got it right?  After years of trial and error, mad money spent and lessons learned, BOOM it happens.  You find that formula that works for you and your tresses.  I had this aha moment about 2 ½ years ago when I tried Karen’s Body Beautiful’s Sweet Ambrosia (formerly known as Hair Milk) and  I’ve been sweet on it ever since. 

4 reasons why you should make room on your shelf for Sweet Ambrosia.

The blast of moisture is off the charts
Extremely moisturizing – yes my hair can tell the difference when I don’t use it.  I typically only use it on the event day, otherwise known as the cleanse day.  Every now and then if I must retwist/rebraid, I will add a bit.  However, the majority of the time, it is not necessary.  The consistency is that of a lotion, which is perfect, not too runny, not too thick but just right. :)

You will be febreezed
Pick a smell, any smell.  There are 8, count ‘em, 8 fragrances, including an unscented version.
I’ve tried pomegranate guava, lavender oatmeal and honey oatmeal.  Oh wait and lavender vanilla.  Each more yummier than its predecessor and I refuse to pick a fave.  I’ve been a victim of febreezing in the past so I think other people agree.

Ingredients
Yes the ingredients are awesome.  Check them out for yourself.
Purified Water, Jojoba, Avocado and Coconut Oils, Vegetable Wax, Panthenol, Arnica, Calendula, Echinacea, Nettle & Horsetail Extracts, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Germ Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oil, Ascorbic Acid & Vitamin E.

Container
Although I love the pump style dispenser, Karen Tappin, owner, creator of the line recently took to Instagram with a teaser about the bottling.  It will soon be available in tube form to which I responded “I don’t care how you bottle it, it will be on my shelf”.  I am not sure if the new tubes will be in lieu of the pump bottle or in addition to but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the in addition to option.

At $16 for 8 ounces, it can be a bit of a splurge but I'm up for the splurge and I don’t have one ounce of buyer’s remorse.

For information on how to purchase this and other KBB products, visit Karensbodybeautiful.com
 
Product Rating: 5 out of 5 curls


 

2 comments:

LaNeshe said...

I LOVE it. On the rare times that I do wash and goes it works really great. It's also just a great leave-in in general.

Curly Chic said...

@LaNeshe I know right?! What's your fave scent?