June 13, 2012

Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter Protective Cream Hairdress, Product Review

Per Carol’s Daughter site:
A nourishing cream hairdress that fortifies your hair so it is protected from future damage caused by styling or chemical processes. Jojoba Oil with Cocoa and Shea Butters deeply conditions your hair so it can be stronger and more manageable. Made without Mineral Oil or Petroleum so your hair will have a natural shine but not become greasy or weighed-down.
PLUS, No Parabens, No Petroleum, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Colors
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja ( Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis ( Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), ( Rosemary) Oil, Cymbopogon Flexosus ( Lemongrass) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis ( Orange) Oil,Lavandula Augustfolia(Lavender) Oil

Recently my bestee tried a new product- imagine that!  I asked her to take note of the experience and then share with Curly Chic readers! 


What made you try something new?
I ran out of product, so I decided to try something that I didn’t have to order and was easily accessible.  I purchased this at Macy’s.

How do you use the product?  (co-wash, freshshampoo,etc.)
I freshly shampooed my hair and applied a liberal amount to each twist.

Did you apply it wet or dry?
I applied it to my wet hair after shampooing and conditioning and adding my Kinky Curly Knot Today detangler/leave in conditioner.

How many braids/twists did you do?
I did approximately 8-10 twists total.

If you applied on wet hair how long did it take to dry?  Did you air dry overnight or use heat?
I allowed it to dry overnight  and slept with a satin scarf.

Did you have to use a lot of product? 
I didn’t need to use a lot of product at all.  I used just enough to cover each twist.

What is the consistency of the product?
It’s pretty thich but application was smooth and I felt as if it was evenly distributed.

When you took it down what was your first reaction?
I really liked it.  It appeared to have worked just as well as my other butter (I usually use Bee Mine products)

Results – frizz, softness, did it feel greasy or heavy, were curls defined?
It was extremely soft.  It was not greasy or heavy and my curls were defined.

Smell – how did it smell?
It had a nice smell and reminded me of beeswax.

How much was it for how many ounces?
$11.00 for 4 ozs.

Would you recommend it?
I definitely would recommend this product and will repurchase.

Although this pic isn’t very clear, this is a pic showing results.

No comments: