March 20, 2012

I Gotta Say It Was A Good Day…

3 days old



3 days old


Up at 5 a.m, shower, got dressed, unraveled my dry twists which were dressed in Karen's Body Beautiful’s Butter Love and carefully protected by shea butter on the ends.  Me and my curls are on most definitely on the same page this a.m.  No fuss, no muss.  Just one of those great hair days. #itsabeautifulthing.  Let’s rewind a few days:
On Friday I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair a few days premature of my normal spa day.  Since I had somewhere to go early the next morning, air drying was not an option.  I grabbed the yellow bird/yellow devil, whatever you want to call it and blew my sectioned hair about 95% dry.  I then proceeded to add my Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love to 10 twists, carefully added metal clips to the root of each twist, sealed with my shea butter and coconut oil, threw on my trusty hair garb and called it a night.  The next morning I woke up to the shiniest, most beautifulest curls I’ve seen stare back at me in a long time.  Talk about soft!  *sigh*…just pure love.  I’ve been rocking this same style all week with a few variations.  (pinned up in the front. Huge messy bun on top, etc.)
How I’ve been maintaining:
I twist my lightly misted hair in 6 twists (3 on each side), add my shea on the ends and tie it up like normal.  I have not felt the need to add anymore product yet and my hair is still super moist. 
Share one of your good hair days and how you achieved it!

No comments: