October 28, 2011

For Better or For Natural - Revisit

Source
Earlier this week, Nikki of CurlyNikki posted an article from a lovely woman by the name of Autumn regarding how her natural hair was affecting her marriage.  If you haven’t read it yet, here’s an excerpt.
 “My husband works from home and has watched our 2-yr old daughter from birth (SN: She has curls too and he washes and styles her hair very well during the week). About a month ago, he sent me a text at work saying we needed to talk when I got home. So, I come from work on my lunch break like I normally do. We decided to leave the house to run some errands. In the car, I asked him what he wanted to talk about. Then he said the six words that literally threw me into an immediate emotional breakdown: “WE NEED TO SPLIT UP.” Huh? What? Where is this coming from? Instant flood of tears and hyperventilating.”
Click here to check out the rest of her story.  There was such a huge response to this post which prompted Autumn to write a response. 
This reminded me of a post I wrote awhile back surrounding a husband who wasn’t fond of his wife’s decision to flaunt her natural hair.  If you don’t remember the article, you can find it on CurlyNikki.com today.


You can find me on CurlyNikki.com every Friday for more articles like this one!
XOXO

No comments: