August 19, 2011

Age Ain't Nothing But A Number

I read this on Angela’s blog, Wise Curls and wanted to get your take on it.
"As I was in my friendly neighborhood grocery store this week, minding my own business – *ahem* – I couldn’t help but overhear a conversation between two ladies discussing life, health and of course hair. One of the young ladies was wearing what looked to be a bantu knot out styled into a fro hawk. It was fierce, ya’ll. The other young lady was rocking a bob-styled weave. It was cute too.  So when their discussion moved to natural hair, my little ears perked up! Like to hear it?"
Click here for the rest of the article.

Here was my response:
WTW?!Ok well as a woman who is …um *clears throat* 40, that comment sounds really stupid. I didn’t go natural until I was in my 30s and am still rocking it proudly. WOW – that’s a new one. I think I rock most things better at this age.
 
Has she heard of Gloria Ruben, Holly Robinson Pete, Tracee Ellis Ross?  I’m just saying!



No comments: