July 19, 2011

Last Night I Danced With The Devil - Part 2


For those who are interested, this was my straightening routine mentioned in Part 1. Pretty boring and simple but the blog is about sharing right?
·    Shampooed with Neutrogena Anti-Residue to rid my hair of any product build up.  I use this about once per month. *Note – I do not shampoo my ends to prevent dryness. 
·    Conditioned with Trader Joes Nourish Spa Balance Moisturizing Conditioner.
*I did not deep condition this time for 2 reasons:
1.   I just deep conditioned and gave myself a protein treatment on Saturday, which is my normal wash day. This was an impromptu session sparked by a sudden urge of energy!
*I have never done a protein treatment before because I was not sure what to use.  There are so many suggestions out there but I finally went with Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner, recommended by my blog sister, Lola!  I will be doing a review after I use it a few more times but until then, check out her review.
2.   Time did not permit.  I started this entire process around 5:30 and I usually leave my deep conditioner in overnight.  I had to have this entire processe complete in time for my son’s 7:00pm bath time.
I WILL ABSOLUTELY MAKE UP FOR THIS MISSED DEEP CONDITIONING SESSION!  I DO NOT LIKE SKIPPING THIS IMPORTANT STEP!
·         Detangled and sectioned into 7 sections for easier handling
·         My daughter then applied heat protectant and proceeded to blow each section with my     yellow bird hair dryer.  I’ve had this blow dryer forever.
·         She then flat ironed each section
·         I then snipped away! 
FINITO!

I have not retained much length because I have been cutting on it here and there so any growth has been met with scissors.  I’m not overly concerned about it though because it’s still growing.  For whatever reason, my front and sides don’t grow much.  I’m sure it has to do with the shape my hair was cut in years ago.  It’s never grown out of that shape and it's ugly but less noticeable when I wear my natural curls. 
I wrapped my hair up at night, however, my hair never stays in a wrapped state and when I woke up, the scarf was MIA.  So, it looked ok but I have a low tolerance for hair hanging all over the place.  It is in a pony tail now.  LOL!  I think I will put some rollers in it tonight and rock this look at least until the weekend.   At least that will give it some body and fullness.  If it wasn’t 90 degrees everyday, I would probably keep it longer.  Remember how flat your hair would look after a fresh relaxer?  Well at least mine did.  It was just so straight, it could do nothing but lay there.  Well that’s how my hair looks now.   I don’t even look the same with my hair straight.  People at work are looking at me straight crazy, you know with that "that is not her hair" look? 
HAM!





How do you guys handle your hair when and if you straighten it?  Do you have a straightening regimen?  I didn’t think I did but looks like I do.   
Ciao ladies!

No comments: