April 25, 2011

Hair Stress

Source
I am definitely not feeling my hair right now…I don’t know if it’s a phase or what’s going on but its real “blah” lately.  Don’t worry, the relaxer will never find its way back to my curls and coils, it’s not THAT serious.  However, I am toying with the idea of getting a weave.  **Gasp**
I am not a huge fan of weave, nor am I against adding a little something extra to your look, but I’m not one who wears it often (probably once per year) simply because it starts to itch and I can’t stand it anymore.  I am experiencing some major shedding though and it’s just looking pretty thirsty.  My guess is its stress related.  I’m stressed so I am no doubt passing that stress on to my hair.
What am I going to do about it?  Of course, I plan to give my hair some extra tlc, more deep conditioning, be more careful while handling, etc.  However, I think the primary goal I have is to
get the stress under control.  It is taking over every aspect of my life and that is not good.  There are two things I know will start me off on the right track that I plan to implement ASAP.

a.       Work out - exercise is a major aid in the release of stress
This is no longer a matter of getting swimsuit ready, this is now a must for my mental health which is paramount.
b.      Stress relieving exercises - (mediation, yoga, etc.)
There are many breathing techniques, etc. that I can do first thing in the morning.

This article goes into depth about stress and what to do to combat it.


“Too much knowledge makes the head bald.” Old Russian proverb

2 comments:

Jc said...

I definitely think that giving your hair a rest is great idea.

Your mind matters a whole lot more, so rock that weave!

Curly Chic said...

JC- LOL! Thanks for the advice. I am really leaning towards that!