Spring has arrived and you know what that means! Time for Spring cleaning and Spring cleaning isn’t just for windows. While you are switching out your winter wardrobe for spring and summer wardrobe, the same needs to be done for your hair products.
What You Need:
Plastic bins (large and small)
3 Drawer Cart
Baskets (large and small)
What to do first:
Inventory – pull everything out and sort the like items (shampoos, conditioners, styling products, etc.)
This is a good time to figure out what you have, what you are out of, and what needs to be thrown out. If you are a product junkie, you probably have duplicate bottles of products that are half full which can be consolidated into one bottle.
*TIP - All like products should be stored together, whenever possible. For example, all shampoos should be in one bin, all conditioners/deep conditioners in one bin, styling products (creams, gels, oils) in another.
*TIP – my staple shampoo and conditioner are kept in the shower caddy
*TIP - All everyday items should be in one easily accessible spot.
*TIP - Those items not used as often as well as unopened stock should go in bins inside a linen closet organized in the same manner as stated above. (blow dryers & attachments, hooded dryer, flat irons)
What to do next – let the storing begin!
· Plastic bins can go under your bathroom sink and are perfect for storing spray bottles, shampoos, conditioners, and styling products
· Decorative baskets are great for accessories and other side pieces (bows, scarves, bonnets, flowers, rollers (by type))
· The 3 drawer cart should be kept in the bathroom containing those everyday items - conditioners (deep conditioners/ leave in conditioners) creams, gels, and oils.
· Small divided plastic containers to fit inside the drawers of the 3 drawer cart – small items (hair ties, scrunchies, clamps, plastic caps, bobby/hair pins in the container you purchased them in)
· Glass vertical containers/vases – combs, brushes, detangling tools