February 16, 2011

Braylon's Hair Regimen

I did a post the other day about my baby boy and the heartache I still experience surrounding his first hair cut L!  While perusing the blogs, I came across an article about little boys and how to care for their hair.  I thought I would share!  If interested, please click here for the link.
I wanted to do a follow up post to share Braylon’s Hair Regimen.  Yes, even he has a regimen! 

Sunday – Shampoo Day
Boy is this an event, let me tell you!  He absolutely hates it!  Since he hates it, it makes me hate it.  I don’t care how many rubber duckies and plastic ships I place in the tub for his amusement or how much I let him play in the water, once he has determined that it’s shampoo time, none of that matters.   They have all types of toys and cups to make things easier during the shampoo process, such as the Kids Kamp Shampoo Rinse Cup.  I personally have not tried this but it’s worth a try!  It supposedly decreases the amount of water and suds gets in your child’s eyes.  My goal is to make this routine as pleasant as possible for all parties! 
Shampoo/Conditioner:
I shampoo his hair with Johnson’s Natural 3-in-1 Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash.
I prefer the shampoo/conditioner combo because it allows me to take care of the shampooing and conditioning all in one step.  My son will only allow for a one time application so this is good until he gets the complete concept of raising his chin while we rinse.  Side note - I tried the Burt’s Bees line but his hair was not fond of it and I didn’t particularly care for the scent I chose either.  It was around $10, which is unfortunate because I still have over ½ bottle left. 


Purchased at Target


Product Described As:
98% Natural Plant & Fruit-derived ingredients No More Tears Pure & Natural Fragrance We love kids. And we understand that with kids, sometimes less is more. That's why Johnson's Natural kids 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner, and body wash uses 98% naturally derived ingredients specifically chosen to effectively do multiple jobs. Our simply made formulas gently washes your child's skin and cleans and conditions your child's hair with a single product. This No More Tears formula shampoo, conditioner and body wash is as gentle to eyes as pure water, and our mild, pure and natural fragrance leaves your child's skin and hair smelling fresh and clean. Mom's Trust Johnson's Always Mild & Gentle Paraben Free Dye Free Essential Oil Free Allergy tested Dermatologist Tested Naturally Low Foaming 98% naturally derived from Coconut, Palm and Sugarcane. Our babies will inherit our planet. Please recycle.

First 3 Ingredients
  1. Water J
  2. Decyl Glucoside – produced by the reaction of glucose from corn starch with the fatty alcohol decanol which is derived from coconut.  JSource:  Wikipedia
  3. Cocoglycerides - Plant-derived fatty material which functions as an emulsifier and thickener. Also gives creams and lotions a rich and creamy texture.  JSource:  Cosmetic Ingredient.com


I rinse his hair thoroughly and then apply a leave in conditioner (haven’t found one that I love yet so for now I just whatever I use in my hair) and olive oil followed by big hugs and kisses!  I then finger comb his hair and let it air dry.  DONE DEAL.
Here's another pre-big chop cut that I love!

Daily Care:
I generally do nothing else with Braylon’s hair on a daily basis.  I do mist a small amount of oil and water every other day.   
Other Kids Natural Hair Care you may want to try
Blended Beauty
Jason’s Natural
Aveeno
Aubrey Organics
Avalon Organics
California Baby

Last Minute Tips:
·         Always use tear free products
·         Use a hand held shower head or a large cup for rinsing
·         Take deep breaths before each session and put a smile on your face!
·         Lots of XXs and OOs

2 comments:

elitebeauty13 said...

I didn't know Johnson's had a natural shampoo/conditioner/body wash for kids. I have to try it out on my boys. I've been trying to find a replacement for Burt's Bee. You got me excited. Btw, Braylon is so cute!

Curly Chic said...

Elitebeauty13- thank you so much for reading! Johnson's has really been working out for me. Let me know what you think about it once you try it out! Thanks for the compliment on my babe!
Tammy