February 14, 2011

My Son's Natural Hair - Meet Braylon!

Look at my babe!  Isn’t he the hottest?!  I came across an interesting topic on Curly Nikki last week regarding our young princes’ hair.  Click here to read.
I commented as follows:
I am still livid about my son's father cutting his hair a few months before his 2nd birthday. He turned 2 this past December. He had a ton of beautiful hair but his father insisted that it was too "girly".  People would mistake him for a girl often, however, I never understood why. He is always dressed in "boy" clothes and most times I kept his hair in very neat cornrows. 
Curly Nikki did a post on me and my children "Natural Family" if you want to see what I mean. I miss his hair and I wonder if I will ever get over it!   (I also did the same post here on my blog).

I truly believe that had we not heard so often "oh, she is so cute", or "how old is she", his father may not have had such a hard time.

October 2010

October 2010


December 2010
People seem to be very passionate about this topic – even those who don’t have young male children.  One reader made reference to “would you want our President to have long braids?”  My answer to that is an absolute no.  I also would not like to see Mr. President in a Baby Gap hoodie, drinking from a sippie cup or watching Sponge Bob for his entertainment.  I mean really, certain things are appropriate for certain people and certain age groups in certain situations.  Hair is not a one size fits all type of thing.  My son is gorgeous and he will look handsome under any and all circumstances.  He is also extremely intelligent, loving and I couldn't ask for a better son.  Yes, I am a proud mother.  I prefer him to have longer hair – that’s it.  It is not a political statement, nor is it shining light on what his future holds.  His future is not determined by the length of his hair.  I will continue to battle with his father, who is bald by the way, over my son’s look.

No comments: