November 01, 2013

TGIN Moist Collection - Product Review

If you’re looking for a complete hair system, you may want to turn your attention to the new TGIN Moist Collection.  It is almost inconceivable to find a complete product line that you are pleased with.  It’s like getting a CD that you can play all the way through without skipping any tracks a ’la that oldie but goodie, Mary J Blige My Life.  It’s still everything!  Anyway, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to check out the system for myself and I couldn’t wait to share my experience.  It’s rare I get the opportunity to use an entire collection at one time so I was so excited!  The great thing about a system is it’s designed to work together for optimal results.
“Kiss Dry Hair goodbye”
First up in the system, the shampoo.   After cleansing my hair with the Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo, I applied the Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner while in the shower.  It’s creamy, non-watery texture was the first thing I noticed.  It was not too watery but still had sud power.  (I was unable to determine what ingredient was responsible for the suds).  Depending on who you talk to, there is a point of contention surrounding whether or not a sulfate free cleanser offers the lather that many appreciate with the shampoo experience so this was a nice surprise.  It contains very mild, gentle cleansers, which is what you want in a sulfate free shampoo.  You want it to cleanse, but not strip.  I allowed it to sit on my hair for a few moments and then rinsed with cool water. 
After rinsing it was on to the Replenishing Conditioner.  The moisturizing properties were not a surprise as it contains Shea butter and essential oils.  It also contains Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (the 5th ingredient to be exact), which is a common ingredient in shampoos and conditioners.  The key with this ingredient is it provides the slip you need without all the buildup because it’s water soluble; making it    easy to rinse, which may sound like a given but some conditioners seem to take forever to rinse out.  If you check the ingredients and you don’t see this listed as one of the top 5 (which is usually is), you may notice it may take you a little longer to rinse and this could be why.  After completing my normal shower rituals, I rinsed with cool water.
I then sectioned my hair into 6 sections and distributed a moderate amount of the Honey Miracle Hair Mask for a deep conditioning session (30 minutes).  I’ve said repeatedly that I deep condition every time I cleanse due to the permanent color I subject my hair to.  Due to my tightly coiled curl pattern, I do experience a lot of tangles and knots which is simply par for the course for my hair type.  This mask does a great job of separating my curls, making the sectioning/detangling process easier to manage.  I do my best to undo the damage caused by fighting tangles and knots by weekly deep conditioning and bi-weekly protein treatments. 
After rinsing the mask, I went on to apply the Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer.  I treated this as more of a leave in cream.  I always arm my mane with a leave in.  It gives that added protection I deem necessary to maintain the health of my hair.  My tresses were extremely malleable and this served as the perfect landscape for the next step in the process- styling. 
When it was time to style, I reached for the Twist and Define Cream.  It smells great, feels great and left my hair downy soft.  I’ve used this on both wet and dry hair.  I typically style on dry hair again as a way of preventing as much tangling and knotted hair as possible.  However, I found that the twist and define cream yielded the best results on wet/damp hair which is to be expected because the first ingredient is water.  Water, as we all know, causes hair to revert back to its curly/natural state so if you are wanting a stretched style, I wouldn’t use a product with water as the first ingredient.  Just something to note.  The twist cream provided maximum hydration and minimal frizz.  My hair really played well with this entire line.  Please visit TGIN to see for yourself and I’d love to hear your experience with it.  Thanks Chris-Tia!
Rating: 5 out of 5 curls
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

nappy headed black girl said...

I'm using this collection now and have nothing but good things to say. I was surprised by the butter cream because I expected it to be heavier. However, it provides great moisture without weighing my hair down. Good stuff.

Curly Chic said...

@nappyheadedblackgirl Yes it's awesome.I was pleasantly surprised.What were you using prior to this collection?