October 10, 2013

Wonder Curl Restoring Deep Treatment, Product Review


When I heard of Wonder Curl’s new Restoring Hair Treatment I couldn’t help but get excited.  As someone who colors her tresses, and sometimes, dare I say it….uses bleach to get the light look I desire, anything extra I can do to treat and restore catches my eye! 

“An intensive deep hair treatment that strengthens, moisturizes and smooths your hair”

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Shea Butter (refined), Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Butter, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Polyquaternium, Tamanu Oil, Guar Gum, Olive Oil PEG, Hair Vitamins, BTMS, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cocos nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Limmnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) Oil (Refined)

I used this as you would any deep conditioning treatment.   After cleansing with the Detoxifying Clay Cleanser (check out my review of this product here, also from Wonder Curl, I applied this to my hair root to tip, ensuring maximum coverage and thorough distribution.  I left it in for 20 minutes under the protection of a plastic cap and rinsed.  I didn’t use any heat with this treatment as the instructions did not call for it.  I believe the natural heat from my scalp is enough to get the maximum benefit.

My hair was pillow soft thanks to the aloe, shea butter and the hydrolyzed wheat protein this contains.   Most of us are familiar with aloe and shea butter but a real quick definition of Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; it is a moisturizing and conditioning protein derived from whole wheat.  In addition my hair responds kindly to protein so seeing this on the ingredient list was great.   I truly felt like I had just done something major after rinsing!  Each strand felt nourished and ready for anything.   I can’t say enough about this line.  Thanks again to my sister in the name of hair, Scarlett for putting me on.

If you are looking for something to provide intense penetration and revitalize your curls, this is it.  I deep condition every time I shampoo so this is an important step in any my regimen.  You need something to restore moisture that is lost on a daily basis.  To purchase this and other Wonder Curl products, check out WonderCurl.com.


Rating: 5 out of 5 curls

No comments: