June 03, 2013

Washing and Going All Over The Place



So a few weeks ago I posted a pic on instagram of me and my big hair revisiting the wash and go.  The wash and go and I have a complicated relationship.  As a new natural, it was all I knew.  Maybe a year ago I retired the look because I found it to be a challenge as I retained more and more length.  One of my hair crushes and sister bloggers, Elle of Quest for the Perfect Curl is the quintessential wash and goer.  She literally has the wash and go on lock down.  Her hair is off the chart gorgeous and every time I look at her hair, who she affectionately calls Izzy, it makes me want to do a wash and go.  Thus was the case this past weekend. I used a new product, Curls Cashmere Curl Jelly.  I posted my review of the product last week.  My hair is so porous and dries very quickly so before I left the house it was almost completely dry.  It had so much bounce and softness, I was in love. I achieved the fullness of a 4 day old twist out in the first 35 minutes!  It was wonderful.  I was outdoors all weekend and it only got bigger.  The pic in the instagram photo was before I left the house so imagine how big and bold it was by the time my day was over.  The verdict – yes I will do it again.   



What’s your relationship with the wash and go?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair is very pretty. I love wash n gos infact its the only style I wear. Its a easy style for me. And It doesn't take much. Take care.

LaNeshe said...

I only do it probably 2-3 times a year.

nappy headed black girl said...

I'm a dread now but when I was loose I used to rock the wash-and-go all the time...until I realized how tangled it left my fine hair.

That and the fact that it was uber drying for me. I do much better in protective styles.

Q said...

I wish I could do it but the shrinkage I have is REAL lol and detangling that bad boy is another story