March 29, 2013

Accidental Ombre



Ombre, one of the hottest trends from 2012 still maintaining its presence on the scene.  It is the process of dying the bottom or tips of your locks a different color than the rest of the strand, creating a gradient affect.  It’s also a trend that has transcended across all lines of beauty; hair, nails, and fashion.  I’d like to say I’m on trend with this but truth is my color has just grown out with the exception of a few inches at the bottom, hence accidental ombre.  I last colored my hair two years ago in the Spring and haven’t touched it up since.  Since that time, I’ve had two haircuts and multiple trims so there is not much left of my once blonde curls.  Here’s the thing, I’m dying to get it colored again!  Especially with Spring about to make it’s long awaited debut.  Yes I know the calendar says Spring has arrived, however, I can’t tell.  It has been hella cold here in the Midwest and I for one am over it.  I’m more than ready to break out the pastels, put away the boots and lighten my tresses, despite the snow still showing up in my driveway!  I know it’s not good for my fragile mane and some may even deem it as “unnatural”, to which I loudly say “whatever”.  Question is do I risk the health of my hair?  It doesn’t take a licensed cosmetologist (although I am one) to know that it’s not the healthiest option for your hair.  However, my mane and color have sustained a long relationship for… well damn near two decades which means my roots haven’t been this brown since I was playing with barbies and hoola hooping *swerves hips*.  So all of this darkness I’m giving is quite a departure.  But I digress, for now I’m rocking my accidental ombre under the guise of being on trend. 
Have you fallen into an accidental awesome hair moment and rocked it like you meant to do that?
You can find this article and others like these weekly on Curly Nikki.com!


No comments: