July 17, 2012

Qhemet Biologics, Product Review


This is a 2 for 1 review from my girl, Courtney!  She was gracious enough to document her experience.  Thanks Courtney!
Scent
Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee has a very deep cocoa butter scent. The Amla and Olive Heavy Cream has a light citrus scent.

Price
At $18.99 (8oz) for the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee and $16.99 for the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (8oz) these products were a bit of a splurge for me.
Does it live up to its own hype?
Absolutely, the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee fearlessly stood up to my kinks and coils, detangling my poor neglected tresses in no time at all. The Amla and Olive Heavy Cream is nice and thick, leaving my hair soft, and moisturized for over a week.

Day 1

Me and my curly baby on day 8.. Still moisturized!
PackagingIs the packaging memorable? 
Eh… Not too terribly so.

Will I quickly be able to identify the product line based purely on aesthetic?
Yes ma’am!
Is the container easy to open and dispense?
Yup!

Ingredients
The fact that their products are natural is a major plus for me!
Straight from their website:
Our products conform to the stricter EU and Japanese cosmetic safety standards and do not contain mineral oil, silicones, sls, phthalates, parabens, dmdh hydantoin, triclosan, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, diazolidinyl urea or imidazolidinyl urea. We are a vegetarian, cruelty-free and eco-friendly company. 
How accessible is it?
Unfortunately for you and I we’ll have to buy these products online. Shipping isn’t too bad, and I they came fast. I didn’t have to wait long at all. These products are sold online here.

How did you use it?
I used these products on clean, wet hair.

How do you rate a product?
Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee and Amla and Olive Heavy Cream gets and 8 out of 10 from me. These are great products, and worth the money (IMO). Biggest drawback is that I have to buy these products online.

Have you tried any product from the Qhemet Biologics line?  Please share in the comments below!


Editor Note:

After publishing the Qhemets review, they reached out with many thanks and provided these retail locations.  If you are lucky enough to be in one of these cities, you can purchase your products on ground!  If you get the opportunity to check them out, please let me know how your hair likes them!

No comments: