July 03, 2012

Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment, Product Review




I had been wanting to try this product for quite some time but I wasn’t quite ready to see if it was worth the cost.  I finally broke down and purchased it after winning a Curl Mart gift card so I basically copped it at no charge.  What better time to try a new product, right?  Here it is…

Ingredients
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Vanilla Planifolia oil, Cananga Odorata oil, Lecithin, Fragrance, Citric Acid.
98% natural and no cones, no parabens, no glycerin, no protein

Directions
Use daily, weekly, or monthly depending on the state of your hair. Apply generously to clean hair and comb through. Leave on hair for at least 5 minutes. For extra conditioning, leave on hair for at least 15 minutes with a plastic cap. Rinse thoroughly with water.

Product Claims
A wonderfully rich, yet lightweight moisturizing treatment for your hair made from a 98% natural/naturally derived cocktail of Aloe, herbs, and healing butters & oils to rejuvenate and restore your precious curls! This versatile product can also be used as a leave-in conditioner for dry or frizzy curls and coils.

Scent
I purchased the Gardenia Coconut Scent and boy does it smell good!  It is a bit strong but it didn’t bother me because it’s not a floral scent. 

Consistency
It has a very cream consistency and does not leave any greasy residue on your hands.  It comes out easily and application and distribution is a breeze.  My hair absorbed it quickly.  

Cost
The cost is $20 for 8 oz…pretty steep.  I only got about 4 uses out of it so I’m not too pleased with that.  It may be my only reason for not repurchasing, which I have not decided on as of yet.   

How I used it  
After shampooing, I applied a generous amount, paying special attention to my ends to my sectioned hair.  I then placed a plastic bag over my head and allowed the treatment to marinate for about 45 minutes.  The instructions indicate for deep conditioning leave on for at least 15 minutes but I got busy with household chores so I left it on a little longer before rinsing.  My hair was super soft and felt very moisturized, which is all you can ask for in a deep conditioner.

I am not particularly crazy about conditioner in a jar because it makes ease of use a challenge. 
Rating:  4 out of 5 Curls.


If you have used this product, share your results in the comments below, hit me up on facebook or send me your story to share with readers!

1 comment:

Viviask said...

I use argan oil on my curly hair, specifically Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil, it is super light and conditioning so I recommend it :)