April 04, 2012

The Circus Is In Town


Lions and tigers and bears oh my! Ok, there were no lions or bears, more like tigers and elephants and ponies oh my!  On Sunday I took my son to the circus and my sister in the name of “we’ve known each other forever” joined along with my niece.  I had not been to the circus in many years so I wasn’t sure what to expect.  First off it was indoors and not only was it a circus, it was a mini carnival, complete with games, a merry go round and funnel cakes.  My son enjoyed himself, sorta …it was such a long event that he began getting restless and missed some of the show.  The clowns were a little lack luster in my opinion but maybe I’m not familiar with what clowns are supposed to do.  I pictured them with an unlimited supply of balloons and tons of juggling but there was very little of either.  During the intermission, they offered 60 second elephant rides for $10 to which I say *no bueno*. Luckily my son wasn’t interested anyway.  All in all, I give the experience a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.  My son would probably give it a 7 so it wasn’t a complete waste.  If he’s happy I’m happy. 


Anyway, as for my hair, I washed/deep conditioned my hair on Saturday night and put it in several twists in preparation for a twist out.  Although it was a bit chilly, it was humid out so it ended up just looking “ok”.  Since it was chilly, I didn’t wear the outfit I planned on wearing but what I did wear was cute enough. 


What has been your circus experience?


I wore black denims (Forever 21), this black shirt worn by Angela Simmons (Forever 21)this with some old black motorcycle boots (can't remember where from) and this black motorcycle jacket (TopShop).

No comments: