March 15, 2012

New Transitioning Movement Video for Carol’s Daughter - Solange



Always on the lookout for new natural hair news and Solange news so this is a double score!  Check out the latest video promo for Carol’s Daughter’s Transitioning Movement.  Although I have yet to venture out and try the Carol’s Daughter line (#induetime), I do admire and respect anyone doing big things.   Prior to this, the face behind the scenes, Lisa Price sponsored a Transition Me Beautiful Contest (still going on).  I love how she is taking her brand to the next level. 



Video courtesy of YouTube


What do you ladies think about her latest campaign?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been natural for the past 5-years and I looove it. I've tried Carol's Daughter- and was quite dissappointed with the quality. A lot of other brands are far superior in quality (i.e. Qhemet, Kinky Curly, Hair rules, Aubrey Organics, etc.). My intention is not to post a negative post, but this "movement" seems exploitative. The owner sees how many other products are doing VERY well in sales with internet sales alone and she's tying to stay aflot. Mid last year, she launced a product line for non-black women in an attemt to move away from an "urban" client base -but it wasn't as successful as she anticipated. Now she's launching this. It's also interesting that she's using Solange Knowles when she USUALLY rocks "natural" wigs and weaves and not her own natural hair. I wish her all the best in her venture, I'm just not interested in buying into it.