March 13, 2012

My New Go-to Mix, Yirssi – Guest Blogger

I was playing around with some of my favorite oils (Coconut, Olive) and thinking about how much my hair loves Shea Butter, when I came up with a very simple (yet now essential part of my routine) mixture. Here it goes:
2 tbs of coconut oil
2 tbs of shea butter
3 tbs of olive oil.
This creates about four ounces of oil. I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds, and although the shea butter is not completely melted, it does so by mixing it with a spoon (I don't want to get it too hot, since I transfer it to a plastic container. 45 seconds seems to be the perfect number for that amount of oil).
Now, when I say table spoons, I mean actual table spoons (such as the one you eat soup with). I was afraid that my plastic mixing spoons would break in the hardness of the coconut oil. This always makes about 4 oz. of oil, which lasts me about 2 weeks, and which I use for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. When I get out of the shower. When I'm styling my hair, when I braid it at night. And my hair just loves it.

What go to mixture do YOU have?
You can find Yirssi on her blog by clicking here, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

No comments: