January 19, 2012

My New Year Resolutions - For My Hair, Yirssi - Guest Blogger



Want to see how damaged your hair can get? Get outrageously busy for two months, and don't care for it in any way besides putting a cap on your hair at night. Add to that living in an area with hard water... and voila! You have dry, damaged hair.


Frankly, it is pretty frustrating and sad how damaged my hair has gotten. So even though I've never done New Year's Resolutions for my hair, this is the year to make it happen. So here they go:
  1. Make sure I braid or plait my hair at least 5 nights a week with EVOO or Shea Butter.
  2. Put on my satin cap every night before going to bed.
  3. Pre-poo for at least 30 minutes before detangling my hair.
  4. Rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar.
  5. Seal in moisture with Coconut Oil after washing/detangling my hair.
  6. Deep condition my hair twice a month.
  7. Do a protein treatment twice a month.
  8. Trim the ends every 4 months.
  9. Take my daily vitamins.
  10. Drink plenty of water.

How about you? Do you have any New Year Resolution's for caring for your hair? How do you plan on treating your hair on 2012?
You can find Yirssi on her blog by clicking here, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

No comments: