October 10, 2011

NaturalView - Ambrosia

Meet Ambrosia
Every woman has her beauty staples.  What are your girl essentials?  (blush, chapstick, concealer, etc)
I make sure I always have a tube of ELF concealer in the shade Spice, a nice nude lipstick such as MAC’s Siss, Snob, or my latest discovery which is MAC’s Half n’ Half, and any brand of mascara!

Your sense of style is adorable.  How would you describe your style?
I’m quite laid back, Boho chic.  When I shop I look for simple/basic pieces that I can layer.  I’m an accessory girl so I like to throw in standout pieces and stack bangles to make my look pop.

I am a subscriber to your YouTube channel as well as your blog.  How did both of these come about? 
Both come about quite randomly as far back as 2007.  I was simply a girl loving the web, I would simply post videos for fun, doing my makeup getting ready for class and just talking to the camera.  As for the blog, it started off as just a way to document life’s events.

What are characteristics of a good vlogger?
Absolutely just being you.  People can totally tell when a person isn’t being natural and the internet can be harsh at times; people will call you out on it.  A good vlogger never shows/tells too much, the internet shouldn’t know every single thing that is going on in your life, keep things private.

How does your mood affect the way you rock your natural? 
98% of the time I’m super chipper, quirky, talkative, which results in me wearing my hair big and wild often!  My hair is a great conversation starter and working retail, clients always come my way to say something about my hair, LOL I love it!

Do you have a signature hairstyle?  Please share and elaborate on why it’s your signature.
The Brosia Bun, that isn’t what I started out calling it, my viewers actually gave the style that name; I am always receiving Twitpics like “look at my Brosia Bun!” This look is rather simple, a slick bun right at the top of your head, super chic!


You appear to have an entrepreneurial spirit.  Do you intend on resuming your crotchet items, despite your finger/hand issues you were having?
I get my drive from my parents for sure!  I will not be resuming any crochet items; I have found so much joy in my new crafts & working with metals.  I am definitely growing as a designer and I can now offer a lot more versatility as oppose to strictly working with yarn, string, etc.

You appear to have an entrepreneurial spirit.  Do you intend on resuming your crotchet items, despite your finger/hand issues you were having?
I get my drive from my parents for sure!  I will not be resuming any crochet items; I have found so much joy in my new crafts & working with metals.  I am definitely growing as a designer and I can now offer a lot more versatility as oppose to strictly working with yarn, string, etc. 

You are absolutely beautiful on the outside and it appears to be the case on the inside as well.  What part does confidence play in your beauty regimen?
Thank you *smiles* confidence plays a huge part of my beauty regimen.  I look at it like this; if you can’t feel beautiful without makeup/clothes/jewelry you’re only putting a band aid on a wound.  Makeup is not a necessity; it’s something you choose to do.  I’m totally comfortable with leaving the house with no makeup.  I really want to teach women to love themselves without it all.

What are 3 things you love about your hair?
I love the thickness, my unintended dye job, and my many textures throughout my head!
What are 3 products your hair adores?
H20, Tea Tree Oil, and Olive Oil hair pudding!

I don't recall seeing your hair straight since you have been 100% natural.  Do you ever use heat on your tresses?
Since becoming natural I have blown my hair out once, as you can see in the photo, other than that I never use heat on my hair.  If I wash, I air dry, no diffusing for me.
One more thing that is totally off topic.  I know your mom was in need of a kidney.  I commented on your video because my dad was in the same situation.  Last May I donated my kidney to him and he is doing great.  How is your mom’s health?
God is so good, I am happy that your dad is doing great and it is amazing that you were able to donate your kidney!  My mom is doing really well; I am actually going to have her do a video update so that she can talk about the changes and such!  I am so thankful for all of the prayer and kind words that we received prior and post surgery!

Keep up with Ambrosia on her blog and YouTube channel! 

No comments: