October 04, 2011

Guess What's Next! Angela - Guest Blogger

*Republish from WiseCurls.com

Yep. Those are Oreos. Chillin’ right on my treadmill. Double negative?

Hello Gorgeous Curlies!!
I haven’t really shared a health/weight loss related post in a while since my last venting session and thought this week couldn’t be any more fitting to share some things I’ve been up to.
Let me start of by saying that losing weight is a BEAST! It sucks. Always having food on the brain, counting calories and fat intake. No fun. But something happened this week that lit a serious fire under my butt! What happened? After featuring the lovely BeautifulBrwnBabyDol and finding Motor City Moxie’s channel…I was inspired to say the least. But that’s not all that happened. I had a conversation with my dad. Normal father daughter talk. But something he shared  in this particular conversation stood out: “You have to be healthy, fit, not just for you, but for your spouse as well”. Immediately the “Miss independent, my spouse better love me for me and bet not think about lookin’ at someone else” attitude came out. You know what I’m talking about ladies. Neck rolling, finger snapping and all. I had to check myself and tell myself to have several seats! He wasn’t referring to physical (appearance) health entirely. No! But the entire being as a whole. When one person in a relationship is sick, the other person in the marriage has to sacrifice tirelessly and take care of them and the kids and the house and the job and…..you catch my drift. That would undoubtedly cause an increase in stress to anyone.
Mon’s Workout: Cardio/Interval Training…3.4 miles, 1 hour, 424 cals burnedI ain’t playing no mo’

So I’m in BEAST mode ya’ll! Our 7th year wedding anniversary is coming up in December and I have kicked off my journey to 30 (pounds that is). I’ll be documenting everything on CurlyChics’ blog on a weekly basis to share exercise and eating tips, including (sigh) my before picture. So be on the lookout for that!

Now about those Oreos….

Keep it curly {& healthy)!
Angela

Click here for the original article
 

No comments: