September 09, 2011

TGHBPSC - Check In

Checking In!

So I’ve been participating in a protective style challenge led by Alex of The Good Hair Blog.  I am so out of my lane ladies!  However, I am committed to this and will be sticking it out.  We are ending week  5 of the challenge and so far I have had a couple of buns, some two strand twists, some crazy all over my head twists and pin ups and I just haven’t been feeling it.  Well this past Sunday I sat in front of the mirror and prepared to start yet another “who knows how it will turn out” hairstyle.  This time I was surprised!  I kinda liked it and kept it until last night.  The only reason I took it out is because it was getting a little raggedy and I am going out of town tomorrow for one of my favorite auntie's funeral L If I was staying in town, I would’ve made it work until Sunday.  Anyway, here it is.






It’s basically a bunch of twists pinned up and I actually received several compliments on it.  I was trying to find a way to take down the front or some on the side and leave the rest pinned up so here are a few pics from that as well.  Anyway, I ended up taking it all down and then retwisting in about 7 bigger twists.  I will take it down once I get to my destination and probably wear it out for 2 days and then on Sunday, I will shampoo and deep condition and on to the next protective style.   I have a really hard time flat twisting my hair, they seem to come loose as soon as I twist them. 

Products Used:
Shea Moisture – African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
Jane Carter Defining Cream
Coconut/Olive/Jojoba/TeaTree Oil Mix


 Suggestions anyone?  Maybe it’s not for me? 


P.S.  These are really raw, tear filled photos. 
Peace and Love


No comments: