June 28, 2011

Let's Talk Mavens - The Coil Review Anniversary Cocktail Party


If you follow me on twitter then you know I had quite an eventful weekend.  If you don’t, no worries because I’m going to catch you up real quick!  J  I flew into Philly for a little dose of business and a dash of pleasure.  One of the highlights of my trip was attending the Natural Mavens Cocktail party hosted by Yardley Messeroux, founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Coil Review, pictured on the left.

If you keep up with my blog, you know I am a contributing writer to this inspiring magazine, dedicated to informing and educating women of color about their natural hair.
Hot cocktail dress, check; fly heels, check; boss hair, check!  We hit the turnpike headed to Jersey with our navigation system in tow and enthusiasm filling up the car.  One last lip gloss application and it was off to the penthouse!  We were buzzed in and immediately greeted with palette pleasing appetizers,white wine and huge smiles.  The best part was the classy group of young women congregating and enjoying coily banter.  It was really great to fellowship with so many naturals in one room.  It was a private celebration which allowed for more intimate one on one talks.  I was indubitably honored to be included in this commemoration.  Congratulations to Yardley and the entire Coil Review Staff.
So, here are a few pics to make you feel as if you were there! 
 


 
Yas, Milan, Keisha, Nnkea
 
Julienne, Curly Girl Collective
 
I met some wonderful women and was able to exhange information with most.  Please forgive me if I do not have everyone's name.

me & my bestee
Kim Coles, Moi

Bestee, Kim Coles, Moi

 
 Anu Prestonia
 
Click here to read Yardley’s story about the event and see more pics!

No comments: