May 20, 2011

Dye Job #Fail


If you follow me on twitter, then you know I recently added some color to my tresses.  Color has been by my side for many years and this year is no different.  Only this time, I was not pleased with it.  I ended up covering it with an almost caramel color.  I will probably post pics of my hair later.  I chose to use Rhianna's photo because I think this color is gorgeous! 
Two problems with this solution:
  1. My hair is dark again, which I hate because it washes me out and I look extra pale
  2. My hair underwent the damage without the benefit.  I was willing to handle the inevitable negative consequences of bleach and color with the caveat that I would get the desired look.  Now I'm left with damage without the look.  Nothing I can do except nurse it back to health. 
Just a few things if you decide to bleach your hair
Ø  Bleaching causes damage – hands down, the result will most likely be broken, split dry ends, and major frizz
Ø  Bleached hair is extremely porous and prone to tangles

Treatment and care options
Option #1
·          1 tbsp olive oil
·          ¼ mashed ripe banana
·         Put on a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes
·         Apply leave in conditioner

Option #2
·         Deep condition 3 times per week , leave in overnight, rinse in the a.m.
·         Leave in conditioner – coat each strand

Option #3
·         20 drops lavender/rosemary oil
·         1 tbsp olive oil
·         Heat up mixture
·         Leave in for 15 – 30 minutes

Other Tips
·    Shampoo less often (strips natural oils and sebums which is already being done from the bleach).
·    Shampoo with warm water, rinse with cold water to close the cuticle
*if you use sulfate shampoo, add H20 to it.
·    Introduce or maintain a vitamin regimen that includes Vitamin B-complex, Vitamin E and Flaxseed Oil.


No comments: