April 19, 2011

What Came First - The Shoe or The Hair? - Hair and Outfit

This time the hair came first!  I had a certain hairstyle in mind for the occassion so I selected my outfit according to my hairstyle. 

The Hair:  I shampooed with my ol' faithful Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, deep conditioned with the generic Mixed Chics Deep Conditioner (why do I feel guilty?),
applied Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in and used Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz for a braid out earlier in the day.  I then just put two twist in the front and pinned them in the back with 2 bobby pins.  I added some olive oil prior to removing the braids.  I really like the way it turned out.

 The Clothes:  skinny jeans, army colored tank with goldish sequins, brown clogs, mocha colored clutch, silver and gold earrings and silver and gold bracelet.  I wore a rust colored fitted leather jacket with it.
 My daughter directed this mini photo shoot and took the pics.  Thanks Tionne! She gave me her teenage stamp of approval so I felt better heading out. 
 My girlfriend and I surprisingly enjoyed ourselves.  I didn't expect to.  We don't get out much but it was a special occasion.  The atmosphere was nice and the DJ was on point.  Current hits as well as old skool mixed throughout with a little classic Michael Jackson made for a night of reminiscing!  The good ol days! :)  Those 3 glasses of Riesling didn't hurt either!


No comments: