February 11, 2011

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner Product Review

I used this for the first time this past weekend.  The jury is still out for me.  I shampooed my hair with shampoo.  I then added the Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in because I have major tangles!  I think my hair is 3c but I am not a hair labeler like that so I'm not really sure about that.  Anyway, I separated my hair into 4 sections to prep for my braid out and applied the Cantu.  I probably used about 2 quarter size helpings to each section.  The next morning I had bouncy waves.  Each night since then I have applied more to my dry hair (misted with a tad of water and olive oil) and rebraided.  A lot of people have complained about it leaving a white residue in their hair and leaving it sticky.  I have no visible white residue and my hair is soft.  Is does look a little dry though but could be the fact that I am using it as a styling aid.  Not sure how to handle it yet I suppose.    
I purchased this 16 oz jar from Target for $4.87, very very reasonable.  The smell is pretty good – it’s one of those scents that I can put my finger on but it smells like something edible.  It reminds me of plain Greek yogurt, as far as appearance.  Consistency wise – hmmmm, let me think.  Not thick like pudding but definitely not runny.  My thoughts are not to use it as a styling cream but only a leave in.  Today is day 5 of using the product.  Since I probably won’t leave the house this weekend because I have so much to do, I may do a wash and go and see how it does on my hair that way.  I think I need to use a few more times and a few different methods.  Updates to follow. 

Product Self Claimed
An intensive deep penetrating leave in cream conditioning treatment Helps:
  • Stop and mend hair breakage Repair split ends and reduce frizz Protect hair from heat damage
  • Hydrate and moisturize with shea butter and natural oils
  •  Leaves hair soft ,shiny  and manageable
  • Formulated for severely damaged  dry or coarse hair
  • Helps promote strong, long, healthy hair when used daily.
Rating:  2 out 5 Curls

No comments: