February 16, 2011

Black Girl Long Hair Response Post

Photo Source:  Learning Library ONLINE


BGLH once again had a great post regarding the hair blogs...basically it ask, are the blogs doing too much?!  Are they asking too much of their readers by drowning them with information and all the do's and don'ts?  It’s almost like you’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t.  Provide too little information and your blog lacks content, provide too much and it’s overwhelming for the reader.  I had to chuckle when I read it because I see where someone may feel this way.  I could not resist commenting.
“I don't think so.  I think the blogs are much like a buffet at your favorite restaurant.  You take what you want from it and you leave the rest for the next patron.  Like anything, we must be our own filters and use common sense.  Just because the blogs say it (mine included), doesn't mean it's for you and your hair.  You gage that on your own.  The blogs are here as tools and guidance not a Bible so to speak.  If you see your hair suffering and want to correct it, the blogs can be a great resource.  If your hair is thriving, then you must be doing something right.  I don't take the blogs as what you should or should not do, only as suggestions.  I write about what has or has not worked for me. I am no guru, I am a sharer.  Can you imagine what would happen with our lives if we followed what a blog said in every area (hair, general health, children, the work place, etc.)”.  Straight up chaos!
Please go over to Black Girl Long Hair and comment and of course, you can comment here as well!  Once again, more great content from a great blog!

No comments: