January 10, 2011

Curls Souffle Cream - Product Review, Curls Products Review Part 2


In my previous post, I talked about my experience with Curls Milkshake, which I liked a lot!  I promised a review of the Curls Souffle Cream next – here goes!

Ingredients: purified water, certified organic sunflower oil, octyl palmitate, certified organic aloe vera leaf juice, glyercin, glyceryl stearate, potassium stearate, panthenol, stearic acid, sodium carbomer, allantoin, cetearyl alcohol, certified organic sweet almond oil, shea butter, certified organic jojoba oil, soy tocopherols, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

The smell is lovely!  It is thicker because it is more of a hair cream or butter.
It is said to work great as a gel substitute to smooth edges, slick hair, and to hold twists and locs in place.  I did not use this in this manner, however, I am going to try it because I am an eco styler fan, which I would like to get away from using so often.  The instructions say to use it on damp hair - I did not.  I used it on dry hair as a moisturizer and styler on my braid out.  I really liked the results.  It was creamy and my hair was soft, however, it wasn't as soft as other products I've used and it didn’t feel extremely moisturized either.  It wasn't dry but it I'm sure using it on dry hair opposed to following the directions has alot to do with it.  I am also wondering if I need to use something underneath it, much like I have with other cream products to assist with the moisturizing capabilities.


*update:  it was brought to my attention that the ingredients previously listed were incorrect.  Correct ingredients have been added.

I used this pretty much the same way I used the milkshake but only on dry hair.  I used about a quarter size of each of my four chunky braids and tied it up for the night.  The next morning when I took it down, the waves were huge.  It was bouncy but not as shiny as I would have liked.  Again, could be user error...I could have used too much product and definitely didn't adhere to the recommended use.  I’m really anxious to try it again and see what happens.  The frizz I got from the milkshake product did not occur with this product.  There was no frizz at all.  Overall, my hair likes it!  Big thumbs up!
Rating:  3 of out 5 Curls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know that those are the ingredients for Curls Whipped Cream and not the Souffle.

Great site btw :)

Curly Chic said...

@Anonymous thank you so much!!!! Really appreciate it and the ingredients have been updated to reflect to the correct ingredients.