January 28, 2011

Biotin - Does It Make Your Hair Grow?

Uh no – I don’t think so.  Honestly, I’m not a scientist and there is no direct research that shows it does or doesn’t.  I do take a Biotin supplement daily.  My multivitamin also contains 25mcgs of biotin, as do some of the hair products I use and foods I eat.  Have I experienced hair growth?  Yes.  Is it a direct result of the consumption of biotin alone?  Could be but I think it's more likely a combination of factors that have contributed to my hair growth.  What it does do is prevent dryness and brittleness in hair, skin and nails…or I should say, if you are deficient in biotin, the result will be dry, brittle hair, skin and nails.  All of which, prevent hair from flourishing and growing at a normal rate.  I believe you can do things to promote healthy hair, (moisturize, steer clear of certain chemicals, etc.) but I’m not sure if simply taking a pill will do it.

What do you think?  Do you take Biotin or another supplement?

No comments: