January 01, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!


2011!  WOW!  New Years Eve - how did I spend it? 
  1. Assisting my 17 year old with her last minute, January 1st Deadline College Apps
  2. Watching Sponge Bob with my 2 year old
  3. Braiding the front of this same 17 year old's hair
Since this is a natural hair blog, I will elaborate on item #3! 

What did she do?
She walked around all day long (at the mall, late lunch, etc.) with deep conditioner and a cute tam. 



Once we returned home, she rinsed the deep conditioner out of her hair, sectioned into 4 sections and detangled.  She then applied Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Shea Moisture Curl and Style Conditioning Milk and twisted did about 15 two-strand twists in the back of her hair. 



What did I do?
I placed approximately 10 cornrows in the front of her hair.  Her plan is to wear this style for several weeks so they are somewhat tiny.  Will upload results tomorrow!



Happy New Year!

No comments: