May 09, 2013

Ouidad Curl Recovery Meltdown Extreme Repair Mask – Product Review




At this point in my natural hair life, much like my friendships, I keep a close circle of products. However, every now and then a new one attempts to infiltrate the circle.  When I received Ouidad’s Curl Recovery Meltdown Extreme Repair Mask in the mail I thought why not be open to new friends. 

After a proper detangle and shampoo session, I applied a generous amount of the repair mask to each of my already sectioned damp hair.  The creamy texture made for a smooth and easy application.  I was able to coat my delicate strands with ease and achieve complete coverage with particular concentration on my ends. I allowed it to stay on for about 20 minutes and then thoroughly rinsed.  While this is more of a repair treatment product, I used it in lieu of a deep conditioner.
 
When I received the product I immediately took to the instagram air waves!
Instagram Me @ CurlyChics
 
Suggested Use:
Recommended for tight coily hair and kinky hair

Product Claims:
Melt-down Extreme Repair Mask is a luxurious treatment with our proprietary CR-4 Repair Complex™ – including nutrient-rich Mafura Butter and Kalahari Melon Seed Oil - that envelopes the hair shaft with a cushion-like coating of concentrated fatty acids vital to rebuilding, nourishing and protecting hair. A blend of three clinically-proven actives instantly recreates hair's depleted lipid barrier, restoring the protective layer to promote health and prevent future damage. Unique melt-down technology pampers hair with a subtle warming sensation as it replenishes moisture.
 
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Propanediol, Glycerin, Bis-Hydroxy/Methoxy Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Methyl Hydroxycellulose, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Passiflora Edulis (Passion Fruit) Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Pulp Oil, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oriza Sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Quaternium-91, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butyene Glycol, Vanillyl Butyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

The end result was soft, moisturized, refreshed curls and I had more hair on my head than in my bathtub. As with all of my reviews, I used it a minimum of three times before sharing so I can get an accurate assessment of how it works for my hair.  I used the repair mask in conjunction with the Ouidad Curl Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner.  If you didn’t get a chance to read my experience with this product, click here.  My hair is color treated and is very porous so this treatment had my name written all over it. I’m happy to say, my curls and I have a new friend in Ouidad.  Ouidad seems to be launching new products left and right.  This is the third of their Curl Recovery selection.  Good news for us curlies!  For information on how to purchase this product and other Ouidad products, visit their website.  Thank you Ouidad!

 
If you’ve tried this or any other Ouidad product, I’d love to hear your experience!  Share below.
 
Product Rating: 5 out of 5 curls
Product Review Disclaimer

 

 

No comments: