February 25, 2013

Ouidad Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Styling Primer - Product Review



 
I had the pleasure of trying out a few new Ouidad items recently and I want to share my experience with you.  This is my first time using any products from this line, with the exception of their huge double detangling comb a few years ago.  I always say I like to use a product at least 3 times before I form an opinion.  I also like to use it in different ways so my curls get a well-rounded experience.  That’s exactly what I did with the Ouidad Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner and Styling Primer and the Ouidad Curl Co-Wash Low-Foam Cleansing Conditioner, which means this is a 2 parter!!!   Let’s get into it.

This attractive silver can of smell good comes in a user friendly dispenser allowing you complete control. 
looks like cupcake icing - Yum!
Hydration hydration hydration!  My hair was so incredibly juicy after using this.  If you know anything about my curls then you know I deal with a lot of porosity and suffer from dryness, which can all be attributed to years of color application.  The Whipped Curls gave it the added moisture we, as natural curly girls, are always in search of.  It's silky texture makes for easy application with no greasy residue.  This formulation makes for a great base for additional styling products if desired, which is precisely the purpose of a primer (think of it as you would a makeup primer).  Hair primers are basically that base layer before styling which smoothes and tames in preparation for what comes next.  When used as a styling primer, I applied a generous amount to each section and proceeded with styling. 
Wash & Go
This product can also be used as a daily conditioner, as the name suggests.  After cleansing with the Curl Co-Wash, (review coming forthwith :)), I applied the whipped curls, allowed it to stay in as I showered and then rinsed.  If you already suffer from hand in hair syndrome, prepare for your condition to be vastly exasperated by using the product in this manner!  My hair was so soft and light, my hands made their way to it time and time again.
As far as ingredients go, I won’t break down each but I must say that water being the first ingredient is always a good sign.  It is the ultimate hydrater and a must for moisture.  It also contains glycerin.  Based on how my hair felt and because of its moisturizing properties, it doesn’t surprise me to see it listed as the third ingredient.  (Yes glycerin can be beneficial during the winter J but that’s for another discussion).

For a full list of ingredients as well as how to purchase this product and other Ouidad products click hereThank you Ouidad for this awesome addition to my arsenal!

Product Rating: 4 out of 5 curls

Product Review Disclaimer
 



No comments: