December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve – If There Was A Santa



Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose, yada yada yada…none of that is happening at my house.  Unfortunately it’s more like, clothes in the washer, vacuum cleaner running and my toddler all over the place this Christmas Eve.  Thankfully I am not out in the retail war picking up last minute gifts, although I do need to make a few stops that are key to my pleasant holiday; such as, a bottle of wine, a bottle of champagne for mimosas with breakfast in the morning and a few other unmentionables.  For the most part, I’ve got things under control.  Santa has already made his obligatory phone call to my son to ensure his place on the “nice list”, cookies will be baked this evening as well as some gift wrapping and my hair is in prep state.  There was a time when I was completely against this Santa thing.  I just couldn’t concede to some strange white man in a velvet suit #WhatIsThatVelvet? bringing gifts to my home, chimney or no chimney.  It just didn’t make sense to me and I felt like I was telling a huge lie to my kids (my daughter is now old enough to know better).  I’ve since changed my mind after many conversations with my family and friends about it being fun for the kids and all that.  I may change my mind again but for now, we are rolling with the Santa story.  If there really was a Santa, I’d ask for a few things:
1.            A check to pay off my mortgage
2.            A check to pay off my car
3.            Lifetime supply of hair products
Yes, I’d also ask for world peace, the end to world hunger and all that stuff too but I would start of small with these few things.  Bigger and better things next year.

What about you?  If there was a Santa, what would you ask for?

No comments: