June 20, 2012

Summer Regimen - Updated




Oh what a difference a year makes.  If you actually sat down and reflected on this day one year ago, how much change has there been in your life?  My life has done a complete turnaround, including my hair.  Click here for my previous summer regimen post.
Shampoo
Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo (staple)
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
I typically shampoo every other week, depending on how my hair has been styled throughout the week. 

Conditioner
TREsemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner (staple) – I switch between this conditioner and the Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner.  I also will use the Trader Joe’s Tea Tree conditioner because I like the tingle feeling on my scalp during the summer.
I no longer have a “staple” conditioner.  I switch up between Karen’s Body Beautiful, Bee Mine and a host of other conditioners I’ve been trying.  Once I do a complete journal on what has given me optimal results, I’ll narrow it down.

Deep Conditioner
Jessi Curl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment (staple)
I deep condition every time I shampoo because I do use bleach and color in my hair.  Although this is truly my first love when it comes to deep conditioning, I have recently opened up to a few others.  Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment and Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat are 2 I’ve been experimenting with.  I’ve used each of these more than three times so I am comfortable sharing my results and my opinion so be on the lookout for those reviews.

Style of Choice
Wash and Go’s are my staple hairstyle during the summer.  Summer represents carefree, lazy days and I want my hair to be the same way.  I travel quite often during the summer and do not want the added fuss of braid and twist outs.  Every now and then, if I am feeling creative, I may do something different but not often.  Usually by the end of the day, my wash and go’s turn into buns because the hair on my face and neck gets annoying. 

*Wash and go’s leave your tresses vulnerable to the elements so I am sure to take extra care of my ends when my hair is wild and out.

After shampooing, I rinse with an apple cider vinegar/cool water rinse (equal parts) to help reduce frizz.
Refresher- rose water.  This makes your hair feel and smell so clean and refreshed.  It is perfect for those hot summer days. 


If you missed my article on retiring the wash and go, click here.  I plan on continuing my twist outs and protective styling for the summer.

Oils
Olive and coconut oil is what I typically use during the warmer months any time of year. 

Aloe Vera Gel
I use this during the summer more than eco styler because I am not seeking a tremendous amount of hold.  It traps moisture without leaving your hair crunchy.
I have tried IC Fantasia and I have to say I like it.  It doesn’t leave my hair crunchy which is always a plus. 

Share your summer care regimen below!

No comments: