My hair is super thirsty….whatever is going on must come to an end. Lately I am not feeling my curls. When I say lately I mean the last few weeks. We all have those days intermittently but mine seem to be occurring more frequently and I don’t like it. Yeah, it’s only hair but it’s my hair and it’s the only head of hair I’ve got! Let’s be real, if the mane isn’t right, the rest of it doesn’t matter. At least for me anyway. Cute outfit, busted hair? Um no mam…..I’m doing some troubleshooting to see what’s really going on:
1. Stress– on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being stressed the hell out, I’m on ten.
2. Diet – not that I have the greatest eating habits but stress definitely doesn’t help when it comes to my food choices.
3. Time – who has enough of it? I don’t which means less time allocated for hair care.
4. Sleep – I do not get enough sleep ever, mostly related to #1 and #2.
5. Color – everybody knows *in my Phaedra Parks voice* I color my hair and have done so for many many years so of course there is damage associated with the process.
It’s probably not as bad as I think. I am, afterall, my biggest critic. Something I’m working on but I am definitely taking steps to get it together.
1. Stress – everyone has stress so I know I’m not special but not everyone deals with it in the same manner. I am learning to handle it in a way that is much healthier.
2. Diet – eliminate the mess, reduce my sugar intake and increase my water intake. I already eat plenty of fruits and veggies so that’s a plus. Add exercise to my lifestyle routine.
3. Time – manage my time better.
4. Sleep – once I get #1 and #2 under control, this will improve as well.
5. Color – I am in need of a good trim and I may cut a few inches off, continue to moisturize, deep condition more often and not wear hair out as much.
Any suggestions curl friends?