April 26, 2012

My Hair This Week






Saturday after taking my son to his first swim class, I had some much needed me time which I spent taking care of my hair, giving myself and mani/pedi session and curled up on the couch with red wine, good food and the remote.  It was a chilly and rainy day so it was perfect for this.  Prior to shampooing I gave myself a protein treatment using Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner, which    I use on a monthly basis.  I have been experiencing some shedding, probably stress related, so I also used Nexxus Emergencee Restorative Strength Conditioning Treatment.  I then shampooed with Karen’s Body Beautiful Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo, and deep conditioned with my usual JessiCurl Deep Conditioner, still my fave.  I was all out of plastic caps (how’d that happen?) so I had to resort to the old faithful Target plastic bag secured with a clip #ghettoiknow.  After a few hours of mindless entertainment, I rinsed and applied the usual suspect, Kinky Curly Knot Today and Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave In Conditioner.  I then proceeded to do flat twists, sealing my ends with shea butter.  This is not something I typically do so I wanted to try something new.  My goal was to achieve a tighter, more shrunken look to emulate a bob of some sort.  It came out ok. 

Share your hair week below!

No comments: