March 08, 2012

How to Find A Cheaper Version of Your Favorite Product – Boss Link


This is an awesome article from one my fave publications, BeautyBrains.  See link to the complete site on the right. 
From BeautyBrains….
Natasha needs to know…The leave-in “It’s a 10 was recommended to me by my stylist to cut down on split ends and frizz. I have fine hair and even when it’s clean and brushed/combed tends to look messy, and it tangles very easily. I have been using the “It’s a 10 leave-in for the last few weeks every time I shampoo my hair and have been very happy with the results. My problem, I HATE the way it smells. It’s not that the scent is a bad one I just personally don’t like it. Is there a similar product that has a different or no scent?

The Left Brain replies:
Here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Menthylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Cyclomethicone, Silk Amino Acids, Heli Anthus Annuus, Sunflower Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Quaternium-80, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazaolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.

Click here for the complete response.
I love this, especially as a consumer who is big on scent.  Scent is everything for me!  If the smell is off, it’s usually no bueno for me.  Ingredient comparison is also a great way to save a dollar.  Raise your hand if saving money is not a priority.  I love when the stores do the work for you by having the brand name product and the generic product right next to it.  The packaging spells it out for you “compare to ___”.  I pick up both and read the ingredients and they are the exact same but $2-$5 cheaper!  Guess which one I pick up.  I must admit though, there are some products that I am simply brand loyal to regardless of the price attached. 

How do you feel about using another version of your fave product?

No comments: