February 08, 2012

Product Review TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, Yirssi - Guest Blogger

Well, for its price, I wish I wasn't about to say the following but, I have very mixed feelings about this product. A 4 oz. bottle runs at around $14, but to me this product is no more than a gel, which makes the prize absolutely ridiculous.
When I first used this product I had extremely short hair, maybe half an inch to an inch long, and it worked wonders. It defined my short curls, and looked simply amazing. However, as my hair grew longer the product stopped its wonder work, and as I used it I began realizing some of its not sot-so-good qualities.
Let me define the pros and the cons:
Pros:
1.It has a very neutral smell, which I think is a good thing because I dislike when hair products have an overpowering smell.
2.It defines the curls when the hair is short.
3.The ingredients are decent.
Cons:
1.The price for the size.
2.As hair gets longer, the product works less and less. As a matter of fact, the hair on the back of my head is longer (bad haircut), and even though I put more product back there than in the front, the longer the hair, the lesser the hold.
3.The product is very sticky on the hands, and once you put it on the hair just ends up crunchy, just like with gel.

Below are the ingredients, and bolded are the damaging ones:

Ingredients
Water, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Polyquaternium 11, Polyquaternium 37, Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer, Perfume, Polysorbate 60, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Helianthus Annuus Oil (Hybrid Sunflower), Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Bacopa Leaf (Bacopa Monnieri ) Extract, PVP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Cinnamidopropyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Chitosan,
Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Acid (Sunflower), Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone

So, have you tried it? What do you think of it?
You can find Yirssi on her blog by clicking here, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

No comments: