Summer time = more heat, more sweat, which equals more funk! During the warmer months people tend to be more active outdoors; with kids being out of school, barbeques and family vacations, you can end up with sweaty and smoky tresses. With that said, I am curious as to how fellow naturals keep their hair smelling fresh and clean. I have my own remedies but would like to hear from everyone else.
· Shampoo – obvious tip. Of course, clean hair is clean smelling hair.
· Make sure hair tools are clean (combs, brushes, etc)
· Use scented shampoos/conditioners
· I recently picked up some So Sexy products from Victoria’s Secret, as suggested by KisforKinky and they smell really great. I’ll probably do a review on them at a later date.
· Use lavender or rose water as a rinse or refresher
· Fabric softener sheet in your satin bonnet – this came from Mahoganybella on twitter and YouTube’s Who Is Sugar, one of my fave YouTubers. I have not actually tried this myself but apparently it has worked for these ladies. *Click on the link to Who Is Sugar and check out her video. The tip is at the very end.
*Note: I found out today that Trader Joe's has lavender fabric sheets. I am going to try them!
What do you do to ensure a fresh mane?