May 03, 2011

Follow Your Dreams, Angela - Guest Blogger


From the time I entered high school, I knew exactly what I wanted to become in life. When my mother was diagnosed with end stage renal disease, I knew that I wanted to be a part of the healthcare industry but ultimately wanted to become a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.

I had a plan, etched mentally in my brain and physically on paper regarding the path that I was going to take to accomplish this goal.  As we all know with life things do not always go as planned. My life was no exception. At the age of 19, I became a mother, in my second year of college. I thought that the plan so clearly etched in my brain and so clearly and concisely written on paper was nothing more than a distant memory. 

That's where I went wrong! How dare I believe that because my life took on a different direction, my dreams should suffer?!?
We have been blessed to witness many historic events within our lifetime.  This in itself gives me hope that we can accomplish anything in life we set our minds to.


Whatever your situation, whatever paths (no matter how many different roads traveled) you have to take to reach your finish line, hit the ground running! I was reminded of this very thing today and felt it necessary to share.  Do not let your past limit your future and what you dream to accomplish. It's never too late to follow your dreams and accomplish your heart's desire!

Angela has launched her own blog.  Click here to check it out!  

No comments: