January 20, 2011

Homemade Conditioner - Natural Hair

Haven't found that conditioner that loves your hair yet?  Why not try making your own!  Here is a great recipe from Denise.  Try it out!  I plan to!



Measurements will depend on how much conditioner you actually want.  By the time I was through, I had enough for 3 treatments.


Homemade Conditioner  
½ can - Thai Coconut Milk
2-3 tsp  - Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil (found it to be cheaper and in the ethnic aisle)
1 Tbsp – Honey
1 whole – Avocado


I did a lot of research first and found that if the avocado is not blended very well, it can be extremely difficult to rinse the chunks out of your hair.
So to get the avocado very creamy, I first used a small food processor/chopper.
I then added all the ingredients into my blender until reaching the desired consistency.


I apply weekly as a deep conditioner that I use with a cap and leave on anywhere from 1 – 3 hours prior to rinsing in warm water.  My hair is soft, shiny and more manageable.


Store the remaining milk and conditioner in a dated airtight container in the refrigerator. Remember, the perishable ingredients.



I used to be crazy about the Organic Root Stimulator’s products, particularly the Hair Mayonnaise, Replenishing Pak and the Hair Lotion.
After creating my own conditioner and using weekly – earlier this week, out of laziness and not wanting to run to the kitchen to get my ‘conditioner’, I used my old stand-by, the ‘Hair Mayonnaise’.   OH MY Goodness!!! I was so shocked by the results – once rinsed out, my hair was HARD, DRY,BRITTLE and started SHEDDING.  It took me the rest of the week to get my hair re-moisturized and I absolutely cannot wait until Friday so I can do my three hour treatment.




And on another note, she tried the Curls Creme Brule and had this to say:
Also I’m giving the Curls Crème Brule the Thumbs Up!   The first time I used it, I wasn’t very impressed but I did use with another product which most likely altered my desired result (user error) but this morning on day two from my twists, I lightly misted my hair before applying and in addition to the absolutely delectable smell – my hair is gorgeous!




No comments: