November 24, 2010

Natural Wigs/Weaves


I am not quite sure how I feel about it.  On one hand, I view it as a form of flattery.  Probably because I take a compliment wherever I can get it! J When I see someone rocking a natural wig or weave, my initial thought is “oh, that’s really cute”.  I have been known to wear a weave during my straight days so I’m not against them by any means.  Then my thought process moves to “they are trying to get their hair like mine” and I get extremely proud of my hair and how lucky I am to have what they want.  My next thoughts are, “hold on, I’ve worked really hard to get this healthy head of natural hair!”  I looked crazy while I transitioned, conditioned, learned about my two different types of hair, researched the right products to use, etc.  and here this person goes to the nearest Chinese owned hair store, throws $49.99 on the counter and bam – has my hair!”  Your thoughts?

What is your take on curly/natural wigs/weaves?  Do you take it as a compliment or an insult?
P.S. Is that Tyra? LOL

No comments: