November 22, 2010

Last night's Suave Experience

So last night was my first time using the Suave Almond and Shea Butter product.  I was a little apprehensive because I’ve never really liked Suave products.  However, like I said, I’d read about it on another blog and decided why not try it.  For one thing, it’s super super cheap!  $1.84 each and last week Target had it marked down to $1.64!  At those prices, I can afford to toss if don’t like it
Anyway, I deep conditioned with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholestrol with a plastic cap for about 3 hours.  I then shampooed with the shampoo.  It had just enough lather and a really suttle smell – pretty simple.  It’s shampoo.  I had been wearing my hair in a bun all week so it was pretty tangled and knotted up so I was worried that the conditioner might not do the job, even though the bottle boasts that it “conditions as good as Aveda”, those are really big shoes to fill!  It’s been awhile since I’ve used Aveda shampoo or conditioner, so I’m not sure if this is true or not.  Although it smells ok, it certainly doesn’t smell as good as Aveda products.  At any rate, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the conditioner as well as I did.  It was sooooo extra creamy and moisturizing!  I was able to comb right through my hair with no problem.  It just felt so soft!  After I rinsed it out, it was still cottony and there were zero tangles!  Definitely a keeper and a future purchase!

Shampoo Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera]* Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass]*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum) , Carbomer, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Amodimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Citric Acid, C11-15, Pareth-7, Laureth-9, Trideceth-12, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200) *Certified Organic Ingredient

Conditioner Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil (Lemongrass), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita Flower/Leaf Extract (Matricaria), Lavandula Angustifolia Flower Extract (Lavender), Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Rating:  4 out of 5 Curls

*Product Review Disclaimer

No comments: